ARTist. Singer. SongWriter. Storyteller. Poet. Arts Advocate.
Learn about Mahoganee
Presented with Proclamation from Prince George’s Maryland County Executive Jack B. Johnson on February 16, 2008 Recognizing Mahoganee and her husband Andre for Musical Accomplishments. The Proclamation Recognized & Proclaimed February 16, 2008 as a day of celebration and recognition of Mahoganee’s 2nd album “Thoughtz of a D.I.V.A..
- The Recording Academy Member/ Grammy U Mentor
- 2011 Expansion Arts Grant Awardee (Coastal Community Foundation)
- Featured Artist on SoulTrain.com for Arts & Activism Jan 2012
- Official South Carolina Arts Commission Arts in Education Approved Certified Teaching Artist in the Field of Music
- Awarded the Chapter President's Award & Made an Honorary Member of the Historical Montford Point Marine Assoc. June 2016
- Performance at SC State House for Commemoration of Brown vs Board of Education May 2015
- Self-published 3 albums, the most recent album reached the top 10 of the Indie Charts.
- Requested performer at the Savannah GA Black Heritage Festival 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000
- Requested performer at Historical Penn Center's Heritage Festival 2011, 2014, 2015
- Requested performer at the 30th Annual Original Gullah Festival 2016
- Featured Performer at the Annual Black Family Reunion of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) in Washington, DC.
- Guest soloist in Macy’s Homeless Campaign in Washington DC. 2009
- Live Performance on the (TJMS) Tom Joyner Sky Show 2005
- Teaching Artist at Historical Penn Center, one of the most significant African American historical and cultural institutions in existence today on St. Helena Island, SC
- Traveled abroad to Artist Residencies in Trinidad & Tobago, Cuba and Belize
- Won Finalist in the Rap/Urban/R&B category of the 2009 Mid-Atlantic SongWriters Association of Washington DC Song Contest
- Performed as Nina Simone in "Take Me Back to Harlem" A Langston Hughes Based Play for the North Charleston Arts Festival in 2015
- 2016/2017 Featured Vocalist with the Renowned International Dr. Marlena Smalls & The Hallelujah Singers South Carolina's Tourism Ambassadors
- Featured Vocalist at SC State House 50th Annual Governor's Carolighting 2016
- Featured on SoulTracks.com with New Single First Listen Write-Up Feb 2017
Commissioned to write Alma Mater for TCL Technical College of the Lowcountry 2018
2018/2019 Arts in Basic Curriculum Grant Artist Residency (Saluda Trails Middle School)
- Requested Performer
Member of (NABFEME) The National Association of Black Female Executives in Music & Entertainment
2020 National Black Arts Forward Project Relief Fund Awardee
2021 Recording Academy Grammy U Mentor
Teaching Artist 2021 JULY 4 DAY Residency with Richland Two Partnership Grant for a Summer Reading Camp
GIA (Grantmakers In The Arts) 2021 Annual Conference Plurality, Power & Belonging San Juan, Puerto Rico Opening Artist
Art of Community: a Rural SC Arts Commission Initiative ; Beaufort County Maven Assistant to Victoria Smalls Director of Gullah Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor